So I told everyone about our plans for a dinner swap. Some of you voiced concerns that it would be too hard- but let me tell you I LOVE IT!
First of all I have FABULOUS neighbors. Kristin and Ralae are great people to hang out with, great mothers and great cooks. I haven't had a meal that I wouldn't want to eat all over again.
Second, it is so great to come home from a busy day at work and eat a nice hot yummy meal, that I didn't cook. On the days that I don't get dinner we are eating fish sticks or hot dogs.
Third, on my end I get to cook the dinners that are my mom's recipes for a huge family, or try out new ones from my sisters. So tomorrow I'm cooking Amy's Au Jous sandwiches- my little family could never eat a 4 lb roast. Really it's not stressful cooking for the 2 extra families, I just add a little extra food!
I would recommend this to anyone- and whoever moves in to Ralae's house better continue...
Since all of our food has been so good I tried starting a blog for recipes. Well it hasn't really taken off yet. Ralae's been super busy planning to move (so sad), and Kristin's computer has a virus. So I'm opening up the recipe blog to anyone who wants to join. Just email me your email and I'll send you an invitation to post. My email is mistysorenson@hotmail.com.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I really want to try the recipe swap. I usually end up making way too much dinner anyway... I am excited to check out your recipe blog!
Post a Comment