CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

So, Monday is actually my birthday (enough notice to get me a gift). Abby is really excited this year and she was asking me what I wanted as a present,

Abby: "So do you want a new bra? Shorts? Clothes?"
Me: "Um, I think I want some scrapbooking stuff"
Abby: "What kind?"
Me: "A cricut (explained what that was but told her we don't have enough money right now and I would have to save)
Abby: "I have enough money, Grandma Beck gives me all kinds of money" (And goes and gets her piggybank)

So this is a favorite conversation for a few reasons- her first gift idea, a bra? Ha, make me laugh. I just bought 3 new ones in July thank you. Second, wasn't she so sweet to go get her piggybank for me. She really doesn't have any money, she forgot she spent it at Build-a-Bear when we were in SLC. But it is the thought that counts.

And, any ideas on a cricut, love it hate it? Any other items cheaper that will do the job. Mostly I want it to make shapes and letters in my coordinating papers. I don't like stamping (after buying several Alphabet stamps), I like stickers, but you run out of letters. My favorite though it paper letters- I get the chunky alphabet stickers, stick them on the paper and cut it out. Time consuming and not the best looking always!

9 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Happy birthday, on Monday. Abby is so sweet to want to spend her money on you. Sounds like I could use the thing you are explaining, I've never heard of it, but I do always hate how I run out of letters like D and L, we have too many L's in our names. Have any fun plans for your b-day?

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Missie-Moo! That just came out, I don't know why I would call you that. Haha.
That cracks me up that she thought of giving you a bra. She's so in tune to your true needs.
I have a Sizzix die cut machine that I really like. BUT once you buy the dies and everything, it probably equals out to buying a cricut, which is probably easier and probably doesn't cost as much to get those cartridge things that go in it.
I got you tons of presents and a big fat check...I hope they don't get lost in the mail....

Ali said...

I've missed a lot! Cute posts. Cute tutu. I haven't even thought about Halloween yet...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great one!

Lisel said...

I got a cricut for my birthday and I love it! I still only have one cartridge because they're not very cheap, and my friend has a lot I could borrow, but I've used it a lot. A friend in my ward told me about a website where you can download software that will enable you to cut any true type font from your computer out on the cricut. There's also one called silhouette I think from a different company that looked cool on TV but I'm not sure how it compares price wise. Anyway, there's my two cents.

Lytton Living said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONDAY!!!

Rachel said...

I WANT A CRICUT!!! I never knew what it was until my mother-in-laws friend bought one and she's no good with technology at all and apparently thought I was so she asked me to put hers together and tell her how it worked and its AWESOME! But yea, the cartridges are pricey, but this machine cuts lots of stuff, even vinyl! So you could make tons of cute stuff! Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONDAY!

Anonymous said...

Misty I miss you

Jocie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I have stuff to say, but I am waaay too tired. I hope you have a good day though.

felicity & nathaniel said...

hey woman! This is way late... But I've been tied up by a newborn. I LOVE my cricut. If you don't have one yet, watch for sales from michaels and joanns. I know the coming week michaels has the cartridges on sale for 50 (down from 90) a couple weeks ago they were 40. I hope you had an awesome birthday!