CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

So if you didn't figure it out the online pregnancy test does not work. I am not with child...

Here's a long story... skip if you really don't care.

I didn't need to test (even though I did first thing this am). AF started right on time. I'm pretty heartbroken and upset, really bad this morning. So my new plan was to get a HSG this month and Ern and SA. I call the RE's office to schedule the appointment. They said they had no openings for an HSG and I'd have to WAIT until next month. I begged and pleaded, cried. It was awful. The doctors were busy with a meeting. The nurse was trying to be nice enough and referred me a a different hospital that she thought would do it for me. But since I wasn't super happy with the RE in the first place, and did not want to do clomid again I called the other RE office in town.

They said they could get me in on the 20th for a consult (CD 7). After I hung up I realized I should probably know whether to take medication or not and if he would switch me to femara without meeting me. The nurse I talked to was very reassuring, told me how the practice worked, what she believed the doctor would do, and got me in for a consult an hour later.

I went to the consult, gave him my whole story. And he decided he thought this was the best plan for me. For me to take the Femara (letrozole) CD 3-7, on Monday CD 5 he scheduled me for an HSG. He asked me to do OPK's and the day after the surge to schedule an IUI (and do a SA at the same time). That was easy. no bloodwork, no US, just a sit and chat. I did ask him about the trigger shot, he said he could if I wanted to but he thought the ultrasounds and shot just were an added increase of money with no real benefits of success. He said he would do up to 6 cycles of femara, but if I wanted to get more aggressive before the 6 to let him know.

So in the end I feel okay today. I'm not as upset as I was earlier. I'm a little scared about the HSG and IUI, but I've heard lots of stories and neither seem to bad.

Wish me luck, I actually need more than luck, I need a miracle.


Fertility Lingo cheat sheet:
AF- period
HSG- a test to check if your tubes are clear
SA- semen analysis
RE- specialist
OPK- ovulation predictor kit
IUI- artifical insemination

6 comments:

April said...

oh man..i hope things work out for you and just to let you know..i tried i really tried to read that post but i'm was so confused..until i read you're fertilitiy lingo cheat sheet..thanks!!

Autumn said...

I'm sad you're not pregnant but I'm happy you found a doctor you like better. Hopefully he will have a new approach your body likes better! I do wish you luck...I'll even pray for a miracle if you want me to ;) Love you lots!!
XOXO

Unknown said...

Whew!!! I was lost, but your cheat sheet helped me there in the end!:)
i am sorry about your rough time, I will keep you in my prayers for sure!
Rachel found your senior picture from my old planner and has been hauling it around for days! She keeps saying, "this is my friend!"

Matt Kearl said...

I had to have an HSG right before I got pregnant with Brinlee. Let me just tell you, take lots of Ibuprofen beforehand...give it time to kick in nicely before they bring you back into the room. It wasn't really too bad, but for a few minutes there, it got pretty intense. The IUI shouldn't be too bad.
You guys are definitely in my prayers! It is not an easy thing that you guys are going through. Hang in there! We love you!!
Heather Kearl
www.thekearls.com

felicity & nathaniel said...

Oooh yuck!!! I wasn't a huge fan of clomid either. I had hotflashes like nothing else. And they were going to double my dosage! Good thing we got preg right before that. Good luck, honey.

Day Family Blog said...

Wow that was a lot of things to have to worry about and think about. You really have had to learn a lot haven't you. I may have to read that a couple more times because I got nothing the first time I read it. We will pray for a miracle.