CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Okay, Okay

Faithful blog followers... I have been putting off the update post because I didn't know what to say or how to say it. So here's my best shot.

After a few days of testing at home with negative results I called my nurse and she had me come in for some bloodwork. Then I found out I was pregnant, my HCG (hormone that indicates pregnancy) was at a 47.1, on average for that day would be 199. So I knew it was very low. 48 hours later I did a repeat blood test and found out that my level was dropping, I was having a miscarriage. I was so upset, hurt, mad, angry, every emotion available. Even happy because I felt like God really spoke to me letting me know I COULD get pregnant, when after 2 1/2 years I wasn't sure I could.

I really wanted a plan in place but I had to wait until my period started. Luckily it started the next day (Friday May 23), and I got the okay from my doctor to go ahead and have my surgery this cycle, it would just be a little delayed.

I was so thankful my mom came out to be with me. We cleaned my house (although you can barely tell she was here now). We went shopping, spent her birthday getting pedicures and went to lunch. It was so nice to just spend some good time with her. I had my surgery Friday May 30. It was scary and again I was lucky to have Ernie and my mom there to be with me and take care of everything.

During surgery my doctor discovered that I didn't have a dilation in my tube. He said they looked great and wasn't sure what the other test meant and why it read that I was having a problem with my tubes. He also discovered I have endometerios. He cleaned it all up and he said I should be ready to go next month. I only spoke with him for about 5 minutes after the surgery in a drugged up state, my next appointment is June 16 where we will make all our plans and decide the next step is!

So all in all I've pretty much been out of work since May 22. I worked about 4 hours yesterday, and a few hours from home today. I guess I'll go in for a few hours on Thursday and Friday. Then I'm back to the grind for only 2 more weeks. Yes! I told them yesterday that June 20th would be my last day. After I've left I'll post more of the details (or you could email me) but really I need to take care of myself and my job just isn't a good fit.

Other than all this crazy fertility stuff our life is still crazy. School is over for the Summer for Ernie- he's turned in his application for dental school, and will retake the DAT on June 26th- so he's studying all the time. And Abby, she's just as cute as ever. She loved every minute of Grandma being here and took 2 days off school. Right now she is singing, "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds"- but those are the only words she knows. She has school until June 27th. Then starts Kindergarten in August! Ahh.

I guess I actually had a lot to say.

10 comments:

Lisa and Bill said...

Hi, my name is Lisa & I'm a friend of Jeff & Autumn. I hope you don't mind but, yes I admit it, I was blog stalking again. I read this entry & started to feel your sorrow, anger & sadness about your miscarriage. I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I recently had a miscarriage (4/19/08) after trying for 6 years to get pregnant. I, too, knew it was an answer to many prayers & didn't understand why it was now gone. I felt really alone and perhaps you are feeling that way too & wanted you to know that I understand. I'll be praying for your family & hope all goes well in your attempts to have another baby. The Lord has a plan for us & there's always something to learn from each situation. I know that sounds like fluff right now, but stay positive & know someone out there understands. Your daughter is adorable by the way. Lisa

Jana said...

Mis, I'm so sorry about your miscarriage! I totally feel your pain too...sometimes I think about how far along I'd be right now, but I don't suggest keeping track of that kind of thing on purpose.
Someday you'll look back on it all and it will seem like a small moment, but at the same time you'll be so amazed at your strength that you could handle it all!
Love you, Mis...keep fighting!

Lytton Living said...

I am so sad to hear what a struggle you are going through! I am thinking and praying for you! You are a great mother and wife, and when the time is right, you'll be blessed with another little one!
Hang in there! MUAH :)

Deana said...

Hi Misty
I love your blog!!!!!!!!
Of course you can link my blog (how do you even do that?) I am so happy you are on the road to recovery from your surgery!!!!!!! Also love the CVS picture. I love CVS too!!!!

April said...

oh man!! i'm so sorry you're having to go through all that!! but it sounds like things are headed in a good direction i think. i hope things start getting better for you.

Jaley Stilson said...

Misty, it's Jaley! Do you remember me? Your Abby is adorable!! I son't think I have ever even seen her. I think the last time I saw you was at our shower :) I just wanted to say HI and if you want to, you can check out my blog at http://stilson5.blogspot.com I hope you are recovering well. Love Jaley

Day Family Blog said...

So sorry about all of these struggles, but I am glad that you are feeling some relief from this newest challenge. We will keep praying for you and we hope that the surgery will be successful.

Ali said...

I am so sorry Misty for your loss. I hope that you recover well from your surgery! If you ever need to talk I am just a phone call away!

Love,
ali

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Have I ever told you that you are AMAZING? Well, you are!:)
{{{{HUGS!}}}}}

Josh and Amanda said...

I am sorry for all that you are going through. I have to say that I agree with you about the Bounty paper towels. After I bought mine from CVS, I noticed a big difference. CVS is the best!