CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Sushi Chef

Ernie really loves sushi- but he doesn't have his sushi buddy to go out with anymore. So he decided he wanted to try to make it. We got this great book from the library, bought all the stuff, and tada- a California roll. I know it's not technically "sushi" as it is not raw fish, but it's a good one to start with and perfect. Plus it is mine and Abby's favorite!

Here are some pics of the work!



He made a few inside out rolls, but they are much harder than the regular ones, so he switched to making these ones.

And Abby LOVES it!

Overall a fun night!


We'll be doing this again and adventuring out into more daring sushi rolls for Ern's taste. But for the next cooking club, Ern has agreed to make California Rolls for me to take!

Thanks Ernie for the yummy sushi!

2 comments:

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

What a fun activity. I need to get ideas from everyones blogs! We have quite the collection of local and past-locals on all the links. It's so much fun! Check out my re-vamped page!

Day Family Blog said...

I can't believe that Abby likes California Rolls. I remember them being very weird tasting, right, or are they just rice without fish. Maybe it was the sauce that I thought was really disgusting. What is the cooking club that you mentioned, is that in the ward or something, that sounds fun.