CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Ritzy Chicken

So this one isn't your typical weeknight dinner, it is however very easy, and it presents well if you are having company over. You have to buy celery salt- but once you cook the recipe, it WILL become a family favorite. This one is thanks to Ali- who made this in high school for a party we once had, my family and friends have been enjoying it since!


Ritzy Chicken

1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
1 teaspoons paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
5 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved
1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers
½ cup butter
top with poppy seeds (optional)


Combine sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper, with chicken breasts. Marinate at least 15 minutes but up to 24 hours refrigerated. Remove the coated chicken from the mixture and roll in cracker crumbs. Arrange in a single layer baking pan. Melt butter and pour half over chicken. Bake uncovered 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Spoon remaining butter over the chicken, sprinkle with poppy seeds and cook 15 minutes.

Some hints... I usually try to marinate for at least 1-2 hours.
I crush the ritz crackers in a ziploc bag, then pour into a bowl to dip chicken in.
Usually the chicken is done within the first 45 minutes, I usually only cook it for 5 or so minutes after the 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Yum yum! I am glad you like it so much. I haven't made it forever. I guess I need to make it soon. Maybe for dinner tomorrow night...