CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's ROCK 'N ROLL

Last Monday we went bowling with our soon to move neighbors the Noorlander's and our soon to be neighbors the Lee's- with all the kids in tow. We went to this "sweet" little bowling alley downtown. You get a little scared when the signs up to the elevator say "NO KIDS AFTER 5 PM" . Jared assured us it was okay, they had been here before.

The kids love the tradition that I brought with me from high school- that is when someone gets a STRIKE you 'high five' with an X made by your arms, if it is a SPARE, the you 'high five' with just one arm- same symbol as the score. The adults, especially Ernie, thought I was crazy! Good thing I didn't try to get them to roll up their pant legs for good luck.

The scoreboard read as follows:

Eric 57
Nataya 74
Ashton 74
Abby 59

Jared 153
Lefty (Ernie) 126
Bruce (Shawn) 141
Ralae 72
Misty 89
Celeste 70

I'm not sure why only Ern and Shawn got cool bowling names.
Unfortunately no one brought a camera to capture the great fun.

PS. As an interesting fact I used to be a GREAT bowler. In the 5th grade I was on a Saturday morning bowling league as a team with my sister. We placed second in the league and I had the all time high game of the season, I think it was 180something. I still have the bowling trophies to prove my coolness.

1 comment:

Jana said...

oh my gosh, isn't "let's bowl let's bowl let's rock 'n roll" from GREASE 2!?? Hilarious!!